This is an outline of the 25-day itinerary that includes historic parks, grand views, American culture and a variety of accommodation.
- Begin at: Denver, Colorado, USA
- Day 1. Arrive at Denver, Colorado and o/n at Holiday Inn.
- Day 2. To Wyoming, legendary state of cowboys and Indians. one of the lowest populated states (500k). Then to Laramie. Medicine Bow State park. O/n at Rawlins.
- Day 3. Jeffrey City, Lander, Wind River Indian Reservation, Dubois. Grand Tetons and Colter Bay Village.
- Day 4. Canoe trials at Colter Bay. Jenny lake, Point Inspiration. O/n Colter Bay Village.
- Day 5. Philps lake, Snake River. Laurence Rockefeller Centre, Chapel of the transfiguration. O/n Colter Bay Village.
- Day 6. South Gate Yellowstone, Grant Village. West Thumb Thermal area. Old Faithful Geyser. O/n Canyon Village.
- Day 7. Yellowstone River Upper and Lower Falls. Clear lake trail, Artist point, South Rim Walk. Tower, Roosevelt, Lamar Valley - wildlife appear around 4 pm. Bison and deer.
- Day 8. Norris Ranger Centre, Mammoth Hot Springs Roosevelt Arch, depart Yellowstone. Montana and Chico Hot Springs Resort.
- Day 9. Butte, Montana. Missoula and Kalispell and stay at Flathead Lake.
- Day 10. West Glacier tourist Centre. Lake McDonald, Sperry Walking Trail. Then the Going-to-the-Sun-Road to Logan Pass. Whitefish.
- Day 11. Glacier Symphony & Choral Concert outside Whitefish.
- Day 12. Big Mountain - Danny On Trail.
- Day 13. On the Road. Return to Butte and take I90 and I15 South. Dillon for the Patagonia outlet store. O/n at Rexburgh, Idaho.
- Day 14. Idaho Falls and Macy's. I15 past Salt Lake City. To Moab. Arches N.P (Utah), Dead Horse S.P.(Utah) and Canyonlands N.P.(Utah). O/n at Cortez, Colorado.
- Day 15. Mesa Verde (Colorado), cliff dwellings of the Pueblo Indians. O/n Cortez.
- Day 16. Navajo Indian nation, Monument Valley Park (Utah). Gould's trading Post with John Wayne's cabin. Tuba City (Arizona).
- Day 17. Grand Canyon (Arizona), Farview Lookout and Hopi inspired Watchtower. Bright Angel Lodge and small part of trail. O/n at Flgstaff (Arizona).
- Day 18. I15 (Interstate 15) and then to Williams on Route 66. Kingman and then to Las Vegas (Nevada) via the amazing Hoover Dam.. Hot, humid and interesting. O/night Las Vegas.
- Day 19. Sightsee Las Vegas. Wynn, Bellagio, Caesar's Palace. O/night Las Vegas.
- Day 20. I95. Beatty and then Death Valley N.P. (Nevada). Furnace Creek Visitor Centre. Panamint Springs and along the 395 flanked by the Sierra Nevadas. O/night Bishop, California.
- Day 21. Lee Vining and Bridgeport, California.
- Day 22. Bodie State Park, an old gold mining town. Enter Yosemite N.P.(California) through Tuolamene Meadows. Short walk along the John Muir Trail. O/night Camp Curry Village.
- Day 23. Columbia Historic Park - gold mining town. Calaveras Tall Trees State Park.
- Day 24. Yosemite Falls. Kings Canyon and Sequoia N.P.s. Visalia and the Fresno plains.
This tour of the mid-west American parks shows the vastness and variety of landscapes in America. A wonderful car-trip to take on over 25 days.